CASA DE CAMPO ® RESORT & VILLAS LA ROMANA Dominican Republic
CASA DE CAMPO ® RESORT & VILLAS
GOLF CLUB INFORMATION
Date of Creation
• 1971 Teeth of the Dog golf course; 18 HOLES
• 1976 The Links golf course; 18 HOLES
• 2002 The Dye Fore course; 27 HOLES
Golf Club Manager
Robert Birtel, Director of Golf Operations.
Robert brings more than 10 years of professional experience to Casa de Campo Resort & Villas. Most recently, he was the PGA Director of Golf and Assistant General Manager at English Turn Golf & County.
Our mission is to offer hospitality services at the highest levels of quality with a leadership focused on ethical; on socially responsible operations that comply with relevant laws; on benefits for our employees; and on profitability for our shareholders.
• To be the Caribbean’s premier tourist destination
• To be recognized as one of the world’s elite resorts.
• To provide more than a vacation, but a journey into a paradise teeming with recreation and relaxation.
• To always pass the white glove test.
• To maintain the highest standards of excellence in all food and beverage served.
• To host a spa featuring unparalleled ambience and natural, cutting-edge treatments.
• To provide wedding services and settings that are the envy of the world.
• To have a glowing reputation, both internally and externally, as a passionate resort dedicated to people.
CASA DE CAMPO ® RESORT & VILLAS
History & Story
CASA DE CAMPO ® RESORT & VILLAS features The Sporting Life with world-class golf courses designed by internationally-renowned golf course architect and World Golf Hall of Fame member, Pete Dye, as well as the Casa de Campo Golf Academy. With 90 holes of awe-inspiring golf for hotel guests, including the legendary Teeth of the Dog and Dye Fore courses, Casa de Campo offers a mix of play that is challenging for both the highly skilled golfer, as well as the casual weekend player.
Ranked the No. 1 course in Latin America and No. 42 worldwide by Golf Magazine, Teeth of the Dog (7,471 yards) is the only course in the world with seven Caribbean-edged holes, also known as the “seven holes created by God,” says Dye. With a dream of transforming the jagged Dominican coastline into a course worthy of “The Caribbean’s Most Complete Resort” he spent two years creating the masterpiece between 1969 and 1971. The legendary course utilizes a unique mix of topsoil – a combination of sand, dirt and cachaza (an organic residue from the sugar refineries in the Dominican mountains) and fresh Bermuda grass on its 18 memorable holes.
Dye’s second creation at Casa de Campo in 1976 was Links, an authentic links-style course hauntingly reminiscent of the British Isles, which Dye originally referred as La Barranca or “the little hill.” The 7,003-yard Links course with 18 holes was revamped for play, offering golfers a fresh experience with renovations ranging from new tees and added length on several existing ones, to redesigned holes, nearly 60 new or re-shaped bunkers and freshly planted Paspalum greens. Situated inland and surrounded by the resort’s native mango and vibrant red flamboyant trees.
The visually intimidating Dye Fore is Dye’s third resort course, which opened in 2002, with seven cliff-side holes dropping a staggering 300 feet to the Chavón River below and challenging players with up to 40 mph gusting winds. The 7,740-yard course is the first in the world from its conception to use salt-water irrigation, utilizing the readily available Caribbean to keep the manicured course in pristine shape. Many professionals and golf publications have deemed holes #12 and #15 as two of the greatest par-3s in the world. A total of 27 holes, Dye Fore consists of the Chavón Nine, overlooking the Chavón river, Dominican mountains (the highest peaks in the Caribbean) and Altos de Chavón artists’ village, Marina Nine, offering spectacular views of the sparkling Caribbean Sea and Casa de Campo Marina & Yacht Club and Lagos Nine, Dye’s newest nine holes which opened in July 2011. Dye Fore Lagos spans the northwest side of Dye Fore with five holes sitting adjacent to four massive lakes including the two par-3 holes leaving only a sliver of saving greens running along the lake border. A flatter course than Dye Fore’s Chavón and Marina Nines, this nine-hole addition brings a different and fun dynamic to the resort rotation.
• 247 guest rooms and suites surrounded by gardens and golf course views.
• A portfolio of villas featuring private homes from 3-10 bedrooms with pools, maid service and daily breakfast
• ALL rooms and villas include complimentary 4-passenger golf carts.
• Exclusive beach with water sports, a new family pool complex and the chic Minitas Beach Club & Restaurant.
• 8 international gourmet restaurants, 2 food trucks and 7 bars and lounges including the new Chilango Taqueria serving Mexican street fare.
• 63 holes of championship golf Including the #1 golf course in the Caribbean – Teeth of the Dog.
• Golf Instruction, Clinics & Camps, Junior Academy, Tournaments, Pro Shop, Night Golf
• Golf Learning Center: Residing on 21 acres of “pure grass,” the PGA Tour-quality facility also showcases practice greens for honing putting, chipping and pitching games as well as unlimited use of the pristine outdoor range for full shots. Highlighted by Trackman and BODITRAK technology, it features two indoor hitting bays for rapid game improvement, year-round training, individual and group golf lessons and schools, and expert club-fitting and repair. On course instruction is available on the resort’s three Pete Dye-designed layouts.
• Trackman Simulator: At our new state-of-the-art Casa de Campo Golf Learning Center, we are proud to use TrackMan technology for rapid improvement during our professional instruction sessions. The radar-based system uses doppler technology to track and record 3D characteristics of the ball while in motion for crucial visual feedback. The best performance enhancing software available in the industry today, TrackMan uses the accumulated swing data for targeted, focused results. Its automation monitors granular swing changes over time to make sure each player is reaching maximum potential. Utilizing TrackMan, golfers will also discover the importance and advantage of receiving instant feedback on club delivery at impact, launch angle, ball flight and trajectory as well as distance and accuracy.
• The Caribbean’s largest Marina including shops and dining.
• Equestrian Center – which hosts world class polo tournaments.
• La Terraza Tennis Center with 13 Har-tru courts – 10 lighted for night play.
• 250-acre Shooting Center with over 200 stations.
• Supervised Kids Programs for all ages including activities
• Village of Altos de Chavon with shopping, dining and an amphitheater that hosts top name entertainers.
Children allowed, golf lessons and Junior Golf Academy
• GOLF Magazine’s Top 100 courses in the world for over 35 years running.
• Caribbean’s Best Golf Course 2019 by World Golf Awards
• Dominican Republic´s Best Golf Course 2019 – Casa de Campo – Teeth of the Dog by World Golf Awards
• Casa de Campo Resort & Villas Receives 2020 IAGTO ‘Hotel Experience Award.voted by IAGTO’s 700+ golf tour operators.
• Best Caribbean Golf Course/ Teeth of the Dog at Casa de Campo (ranked #2) By USA Today 10 Best
• Teeth of the Dog ranked No. 27 in Golf Digest-World’s 100 Greatest Courses”(outside the U.S.)
• 2018 Best Caribbean Golf Course by USA Today 10 best’s Readers Choice #3 Teeth of the Dog, Casa de Campo.
• 2018 Great Golf Resorts of the World
• Editors’ Choice Award for Best Travel 2017- GolfDigest
• Teeth of the Tog: #9 Best Caribbean Golf Course – USA Today 10 Best Reader’s Choice 2017
• Caribbean’s Best Golf Hotel 2016 – World Golf Awards
• Dominican Republic’s Best Golf Hotel –World Golf Awards
• Dominican Republic’s Best Golf Course (Teeth of the Dog) – World Golf Awards
• Best Golf Course Design: Silver – Travel Weekly Magellan Awards
• Gold Category Winner, Best Value – GOLF Magazine
• Best Golf Resorts in the World – The Celebrated Living Platinum List
• Golf Digest: World’s 100 greatest courses 2016-2017 – Teeth of the Dog (#56)