Fairmont Royal Pavilion Bardados
Fairmont Royal Pavilion
Porters, St. James, BB24051
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
FAIRMONT ROYAL PAVILION
History & Story
The Fairmont Royal Pavilion resort is one of the most exclusive resorts in Barbados. Formally the Miramar Hotel which was built in the 1940’s as the first hotel constructed on the west coast of Barbados. Each of the 72 guestrooms faces the Caribbean Sea, Oceanfront Deluxe guestrooms offers 500 sq ft of well-thought space. For the discerning guest looking for a superior experience, each of the ground-floor 650 sq ft Beachfront Junior Suites offers superior services and exclusive amenities, including an airport fast track service, a dedicated Butler, daily in-room amenities and complimentary evening canapés. The Beachfront Junior Suites feature a 250 sq ft private residential styled deck and outdoor living area, with direct access to the beach. The Fairmont Royal Pavilion offers an array of complimentary services that add value and convenience, including daily afternoon tea served at Taboras restaurant, WiFi, fitness room, tennis courts, non-motorized water sports, swim with the turtles activities and garden tours.
A multi-million dollar renovation at Fairmont Royal Pavilion has dramatically changed the hotel’s guest rooms and raised the bar for luxury hospitality in Barbados. In November 2017 the restoration, designed to significantly enhance the facilities of the Fairmont Royal Pavilion, Barbados was completed with the unveiling of newly restored guest rooms – all which are directly beach front.
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Location, beach front, all rooms face the ocean, hotel size (boutique) understated elegance, low density, genuinely friendly staff.
West coast of Barbados, near Holetown.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Lime Grove luxury shopping centre
• Six-acre Andromeda botanical gardens
• Barbados Wildlife reserve
• Bathsheba – a small fishing village on the east coast, Royal Westmoreland 18 hole championship golf course, and Apes Hill Golf Course.
Turtles live in the half-mile bay year-round and nest on the beach. Fairmont Royal Pavilion’s watersports staff take clients out to swim with the turtles on a daily basis.
We are pleased to announce starting December 18th, 2018 we will be a children friendly resort all year-round.
• Number of suites: 24 Beachfront Suites – Terrace level
• Number of Luxury rooms: 48 Oceanfront Deluxe Rooms – Balcony level
• Number of rooms (keys) in all: 75 Rooms in total
• 1 x three bed Villa – sold on request basis only: Signature Villa room available or as a two bed or three-bed villa sleeping a total of 8 people
Restaurants & Bars
• Breakfast Plan, Half Board & Full Board available
Two Restaurants :
• Taboras – Open-air Beachfront Bistro
• Palm Terrace – Opens Seasonally featuring – newly re-designed modern contemporary concept serving locally inspired international food in stunning oceanfront setting…
• Chef Kirk Kirton – a local Barbadian, previously Executive Chef at the Lone Star Restaurant, Treasure Beach Hotel & the Royal Westmoreland resort, Barbados. In England, he worked for Nico Ladenis as Sous Chef at the three-Michelin-starred Chez Nico.
• In-room Spa treatments – full range of spa services offered in the comfort of guestrooms
• Outdoor freshwater swimming pool.
• 24-hour access to Fitness Centre with state of the art equipment and beautiful views
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Miramar meeting room – 621 sq ft
• Palm Terrace restaurant with seating capacity of up to 150 persons
• Hotel’s North or South Beach for more informal events
• Lover’s Paradise and Reception Garden Lawn for Wedding ceremonies
Hotel & Restaurants Awards
• Selected by Conde Nast as the top luxury hotel in the Caribbean and the only hotel in Barbados to receive this accolade in 2015
• AAA 4 Diamond
• #1 hotel in Porters and certificate of excellence by Trip Advisor
• AAA 4 Diamond
• 2013 Certificate of Excellence by Trip Advisor
Number of employees
175 – 200