Jade Mountain Resort St Lucia
Jade Mountain Resort
1000 Anse Chastanet Road, Soufriere,
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Karolin and her husband Nick are the owners of Jade Mountain. Karolin also is the Executive Director, Marketing and Operations, spearheading the marketing and day-to-day operations of these award winning resorts since 1984.
A passionate advocate for Caribbean tourism and sustainable development, Karolin Troubetzkoy is the President of the Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Association (CHTA) for the term 2016-2018, having previously served as a Vice President of the association since 2012.
The property is extremely successful and enjoys one of the highest ADR’s however the majority of visitors come from the US and we would like to grow a larger European base.
Jade Mountain Resort
History & Story
Architect owner Nick Troubetzkoy has expanded upon his philosophy of building in harmony with Caribbean nature in his creation of Jade Mountain St. Lucia. The bold architectural design – individual bridges leading to exceptional infinity pool sanctuaries and rugged stoned-faced columns reaching towards the sky – makes Jade Mountain St Lucia one of the Caribbean’s most mesmerizing resort experiences.
2017, sanctuaries are individually maintained as required including reupholstery and polishing of tropical hardwood floors.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Beyond stunning views, infinity pools and architecture, the well trained major domos create a personal connection between guests and the resort taking care of their every need to ensure memorable stays.
Resort is set on a 600 acre property on the south-west coast of St Lucia, overlooking sister resort Anse Chastanet which borders two beaches
Key sites/activities in the area
On property: jungle biking, snorkeling, scuba diving, non-motorized water sports, sailing, sunset cruises, birdwatching, hiking
Sites in area: Pitons world heritage site, Sulphur Springs, Diamond Botanical Gardens.
Open wall design open to spectacular views,
Organic farm and Chocolate Laboratory,
Spa uses home made chocolate for body and facial treatments,
Location of final red Rose Proposal for 4 Bachelor series. 2 from the USA, 1 from the Uk and 1 from Germany.
15 years old minimum
● 29 rooms referred to as “Sanctuaries”
● All rooms have no 4th wall and PItons/Caribbean Sea views at various hillside levels
● Room types:
– 5 Sky Jacuzzi Suite (no infinity pool)
– 7 Sun Infinity Pool Sanctuary
– 7 Star Infinity Pool Sanctuary
– 7 Moon Infinity Pool Sanctuary
– 3 Galaxy Infinity Pool Sanctuary
Restaurants & Bars
● Jade Mountain Club
– « Jade Cuisine » created by James Beard award winner, Chef Allen Susser
– Menus reflect seasonal changes of flavor with influences throughout the Caribbean. Jade Cuisine is a modern fusion cuisine with cultural influences and unique techniques
– MAP and AI meal plans available
● Kai En Ciel Spa ( in-room treatments available) & Kai Belte Spa (at beach level)
● Private infinity pools in room
● Fitness studio
Corporate & Celebration Events
The Celestial Terrace at the highest level of Jade Mountain offers the most sought after backdrop for a St Lucia wedding.
Extra Notable Features
● Chocolate laboratory, guests can learn bean-to-bar process and make their own chocolate
● Emerald Estate farm tour, guests can learn see the source of the resort’s organic produce
Hotel and restaurant Awards
● #1 Resort in the Caribbean – Brides Magazine June/July issue
● World’s Best Caribbean Resorts List (#2 in the Caribbean) and the #1 Resort in Saint Lucia Travel + Leisure
● No. 1 Resort in Saint Lucia and No. 4 in the Caribbean Condé Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards
● Best Honeymoon Resorts – Five Star Alliance
● Wine Spectator Award of Excellence
● First Caribbean resort to receive the LEED Gold Certification
● Porthole Cruise Magazine Editor in Chief Award for Best Caribbean Luxury Hotel
- Conde Nast Readers Vote Jade Mountain St Lucia No. 1 Caribbean Resort
- #1 Caribbean Hotel – Travel + Leisure 2014
- Wine Spectator Award For Excellence
- Conde Nast Traveler 2014 Gold List
Number of employees