Rosewood Le Guanahani
Rosewood Le Guanahani
Anse de Grand Cul de Sac
97133 St Barthélemy
French West Indies
+590 590 52 90 00
Rosewood Hotels and Resorts
Privately owned – Owner Mr David Bonderman
Date of Creation
Hotel opened in 1986 – Rosewood Le Guanahani celebrated its 30th anniversary in 2016
Martein van Wagenberg is Managing Director of Le Guanahani. He is responsible for all resort operations at the seaside property. Guided by the philosophy that “a hotel’s reputation for providing an exceptional guest experience starts with the employees,” Van Wagenberg draws on more than a quarter century of experience in hospitality, with particular expertise in the Caribbean. He arrived at Le Guanahani following nine years at Rosewood Hotels & Resorts, managing Rosewood Little Dix Bay in Virgin Gorda, BVI, and Las Ventanas al Paraiso in Los Cabos, BCS Mexico.
5-star Luxury hotel
ROSEWOOD LE GUANAHANI
History & Story
St. Barth raised its profile as a tourism destination in the 1970’s and Le Guanahani quickly caught on when it opened its doors in 1986, establishing itself as a haven of casual luxury, comfort and elegance. An authentic reflection of St. Barth, the hotel has evolved into the island’s finest destination for active travelers, families, wellness-minded guests, and more, providing an unsurpassed array of leisure activities.
– 2012 – 2016: Full Renovation of the property. In January 2016, after a four-year and $40-million renovation, Hotel Guanahani & Spa, St. Barth’s only full-service boutique hotel, reopened as Le Guanahani. Le Guanahani’s Managing Director Martein van Wagenberg joined forces with top creatives from Luis Pons Design Lab and David M. Schwarz Architects to reinvigorate the property’s layout and interiors to heighten the property’s exclusive and residential feel as a casually elegant private retreat. Le Guanahani’s new look encompasses a captivating tropical landscape on the private 18-acre peninsula property. The redesign was inspired by the functionality and essence of the iconic Panama hat, and each element, from the guest cottages and dining areas to the room keys and website are designed to welcome, delight and make one feel at home while embodying the property’s art de vivre ambiance.
– 2018 – 2021: Full Renovation of the property. Rosewood Le Guanahani’s Managing Director Martein van Wagenberg joined forces with top creatives from Luis Pons Design Lab and David M. Schwarz Architects to reinvigorate the property’s layout and interiors to heighten the property’s exclusive and residential feel as a casually elegant private retreat. Rosewood Le Guanahani’s new look encompasses a captivating tropical landscape on the private 18-acre peninsula property. The redesign was inspired by the functionality and essence of the iconic Panama hat, and each element, from the guest cottages and dining areas to the room keys and website are designed to welcome, delight and make one feel at home while embodying the property’s art de vivre ambiance.
Re-opening Spring 2021
Main strengths, special touch
Rosewood Le Guanahani is the only hotel on the island of St. Barth to offer a comprehensive spectrum of resort services and amenities. The hotel offers two generously sized swimming pools, two distinct beaches, an array of watersports, tennis court and natural hiking paths, as well as complimentary children’s programs, a fitness center, a spa and a host of wellness activities.
Located on the north east part of the island of St Barts, in between the Grand Cul de Sac blue lagoon and open Ocean. It is about 10 min away from St Jean Airport and 15 min away from Gustavia.
Key Sites/activities in the area
Watersports activities in the lagoon: Kayak, Paddle and Snorkeling.
– Cook Your Catch: One of the hotel’s most unique programs includes an outing with a local fisherman followed by a dinner featuring the guest’s chef-prepared catch of the day.
– Sustainability: Rosewood Le Guanahani St Barth is committed to creating a unique, luxurious and natural experience that helps to sustain the planet, conserve wildlife and habitats, and reduce carbon emissions. The hotel has developed a long-range plan for preserving and protecting the land and sea surrounding the hotel. The initiative will also create programs that allow guests to get up-close-and-personal with the natural surroundings – from wildlife viewing and monitoring to educational and restoration-oriented activities.
– On Reserve: Rosewood Le Guanahani is located within the protected reserves of Grand Cul-de-Sac, Marigot Bay and Maréchal Beach, three of the five zones that comprise the island’s 2,500-acre Réserve Naturelle marine park.
Rosewood Explorers introduces children to the many wonders of the world, incorporating creative & interactive activities to rai se global awareness around social responsibility & different cultures. Rosewood Explorers provides an opportunity to build awareness & understanding of our world, through music, nature, wildlife, culinary experiences & environmental awareness.
Age: 4 years old to 11 years old
Counselors speak French and English. Babysitting services can be arranged through the concierge with 24-hour notice.
Rosewood Le Guanahani offers 66 keys in total : 29 rooms, 27 suites and 10 unique signature suites (from one to three bedrooms). All accommodations offer a private terrace, most with ocean views, ceiling fans, air-conditioning, in-room safe, telephone, stocked mini-bar, flat-screen TV, complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access and bathroom with honey-tumbled tile shower.
Ocean Bay Room
Ocean Bay Pool Room
Ocean Cove Room
Ocean Cove Junior Suite
Garden suite with or without private pool
Ocean View suite with or without private pool
10 Signature Suites: Ten one-of-a-kind signature suites are located throughout the property. The residentially styled two- and three-bedroom suites offer unmatched privacy and spaciousness, unique amenities, and a choice of garden and ocean view settings.
Restaurants & bars
The restaurant dining area features delicious cuisine offered in three distinct ambiances, including a toes-in-the-sand experience, and two lounges for enjoying specialties from our mixologists against a backdrop of beach and ocean views.
Sense, A Rosewood Spa A sanctuary of simplicity and purity, where you can surrender to an experience that is completely genuine and authentic.
Time-honored practices and traditional healing methods from ancient civilizations are brought back to modern times by being perceptively customized to our guests needs and paired with natural ingredients that are sustainable, carefully cultivated and thoughtfully sourced.
Wellness session: We offer a variety of private sessions with a fitness coach (Pilates, Yoga, Zumba, Acqua Fitness).
Corporate and celebration events
• Private Event: Rosewood Le Guanahani provides an amazing stage for photo and fashion shoots, product launches, cocktail receptions and other private gatherings. Located between Marigot Bay and Grand Cul-de-Sac, the hotel’s Coconut Grove provides a stunning beachside location for special events for up to 120 persons. In addition, the hotel’s restaurants may be reserved for private events based on availability.
• Incentives/Meetings: To enhance group stays, Rosewood Le Guanahani offers a variety of customized private dining options across a number of distinct venues, from elegant welcome receptions and gala dinners to casual beach barbeques and picnics. The hotel also features a 650 -square foot conference room that accommodates up to 25 people in a boardroom-style set-up and 40 people theatre-style. Offering a quiet location, the room is air-conditioned and suffused with natural light.
Extra Notable Features
• Cook your catch program: Rosewood Le Guanahani is the only hotel on the island offering a deep-sea Atlantic fishing excursion in combination with a chef-prepared dinner. Guests head out on a morning fishing trip with an experienced, seventh-generation local fisherman and, when they return to the hotel, the day’s catch is prepared according to their preference—as ceviche, sashimi, tartare, tataki or simply grilled—as part of a three-course tasting menu lunch or a five-course tasting menu dinner.
Hotel & Restaurant Awards
• Condé Nast Traveler: Readers’ Choice Awards: Best Resorts in the Caribbean
• CNN: World’s Most Beautiful Beachfront Hotels
Number of employees