Royal Service at Paradisus Rio de Oro Resort & Spa Cuba
Royal Service at Paradisus Rio de Oro Resort & Spa
Playa Esmeralda, Crta. Guardalavaca, Holguín
Paradisus Resorts Cuba by Melia Hotels International
Resort hotel owned by the Cuban tourism group Gaviota S.A. and managed by the Spanish hotel chain Meliá Hotels International
Date of Creation
Hotel General Manager
Jean-Marc Rousseau is the General Manager of Paradisus Rio de Oro. He is a French citizen with a broad professional experience in Europe, Mexico and over 30 years in the Caribbean. After a trajectory in the Food and Beverage management, he has administrated awarded properties of high standards from well renowned companies such as Hyatt, Intercontinental, Sandals, Occidental and now Meliã.
Luxury ultra all inclusive five –star, beach resort. Member of Conde Nast Johansens Luxury Hotels Collections and Kiwi Collection.
Resort hotel managed by the Spanish hotel chain Meliá Hotels International in a management contract under its Paradisus Resorts brand.
ROYAL SERVICE AT PARADISUS RIO DE ORO RESORT & SPA
History & Story
Holguin’s beauty was first spotted by Christopher Columbus who, docked here in October 1492, describing the region’s broccoli-green coastal hills as the ‘’most beautiful land he had ever laid eyes on’’.
The idilic 1km beach gets its name from the clear deep-green (emerald green) waters that lap along these white sands.
Date added extensions
January 2, 2010. New Royal Service Section.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
56 Junior Suites with an outdoor Balinese and hydromassage shower and two Garden Villas with a private pool. Exclusive facilities: reception concierge- lounge, lobby bar-lounge with terraces, infinity swimming pool and sea views, pool bar, beach bar and gourmet à la carte restaurant. A privileged area that melts into the exotic nature found at Playa Esmeralda.
Located inside the Bahia de Naranjo Natural Park, in Playa Esmeralda, on the northern coast of Holguin.“The most beautiful land that human eyes have ever seen” exclaimed Christopher Columbus in 1492 when he spotted the coast of Holguín. Only 5 km away from the Dolphinarium
Closest airport name: Frank Pais. Airport IATA Code: Hog
Key sites/activities in the area
Holguín is a remarkable setting, with the green and blue hues of the sea, where a fun-packed stay awaits you if maritime activities are what you enjoy. A must! The excursion to Playa Esmeralda and to Cayo Saetía and the unforgettable tropical swimming with dolphins at the Cayo Naranjo recreational park.
Adults Only property (18 years and up)
• Number of suites:56
Royal Service Junior Suite: 36 Rooms with garden views. Area: 78 m². Layout: living room with bedroom and large bathroom, hall, walk-in closet and terraces. LCD TV in lounge, Balinese bed on the terrace, hydromassage bath tub and outdoor Balinese shower. King-size bed or 2 twin beds. .
Royal Service Sea View Junior Suite: 14 spectacular rooms with panoramic views of the Caribbean and integrated harmoniously with the surrounding natural environment. These rooms measure 78 m2 . Finely decorated, they provide large glass doors overlooking the furnished balcony, giving way to the natural lighting of this tropical paradise. A comfortable layout includes a lounge with LCD TV, bedroom and oversize bathroom; hall, walk-in closet and terraces with Balinese bed, and whirlpool tub and outdoor Balinese shower.
Royal Service Luxury Junior Suite: 6 Rooms with garden views. Area: 74 m². Layout: living room with bedroom and bathroom, hall, closet and terraces. Lounge equipped with LCD TV, loungers on the terrace, hydromassage bath tub and outdoor Balinese shower. King-size beds. Single-storey, independent cabins in a more private area within the Royal Service area.
• Number of Luxury rooms:2
• Royal Service Garden Villa: 2 Exclusive Garden Villa .Private chalet-style cabins, with exclusive entrance inside the hotel and special services. Boasting sea view palapas and surrounded by lush vegetation. Beachfront location, very close to the Yhi Spa. Area: 370 m² each. Layout: ground floor, private entrance, lounge-dining room with kitchen. Large bedroom with king-size bed, bathroom, dressing room, hydromassage tub with shower and sauna. Special decor and works reflecting the Cuban artists after whom they are named. Outdoor Jacuzzi with sea views, terraces, private garden, outdoor breakfast palapa, private swimming pool and viewing tower
Restaurants & Bars
• “Los Helechos”. International. A la Carte. 50 seats. All inclusive.
LOBBY BAR “LAS GARDENIAS” – ROYAL SERVICE
POOL BAR “LA CASCADA” – ROYAL SERVICE
BEACH BAR “CALETICAS” – ROYAL SERVICE
•The Yhi Spa Aguas de Oro is situated in a coastal area, surrounded by the lush vegetation of the Bahía de Naranjo Natural Park, a completely ecological area. Located inside the hotel, very close to the Royal Service area and the Garden Villas, with exclusive access to a secluded beach: Caleticas. With beautiful views of the sea and exclusive terraces and eco-palapas on stilts. Facilities and services: Separate building covering an area of 1,842 m² including a swimming pool. Spa with medical consultation and beauty salon. Reception with a cool, airy, welcoming lounge.
1 main pool with 2 levels (plus 1 Spa pool ($); 1 exclusive Royal Service Pool.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Reception Lounge : HOLGUIN
Size : 300 m2
Height : 3.50 m
Cocktail : 400
Banquet : 200
Theater : 300
School : 200
• 1 Wedding gazebo.
Extra Notable Features
• Diving has become a luxury option at Paradisus Resorts which offer daily immersions for those who wish to enjoy a mesmerizing adventure in a pristine sea bottom. (included)
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• World Travel Awards Paradisus Rio de Oro Resort & Spa Cuba´s Leading Spa Resort.
• Conde Nast Johansens Spa Awards for Excellence in the category of Best for Couples in The Americas and The Caribbean.
• 2015 .World Travel Awards Paradisus Rio de Oro Resort & Spa Cuba´s Leading Spa Resort.
• 2015 Conde Nast Award for Excellence for Worldwide Luxury Spas, in the Condé Nast Johansens Readers’ Award category.
Number of employees