Silversands Grenada Grenada
Grand Anse Main Road
Date of Creation
December 1, 2018
Hotel General Manager
Ms. Narelle McDougall – She has a diverse and comprehensive background with more than 20 years’ experience in luxury resorts and hotels. Ms. McDougall held leadership positions at a number of boutique and deluxe properties in locations such as the Maldives, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Bali and Singapore. She is passionate about delivering first class service to guests, nurturing team members and establishing excellent relationships with the local community.
5-Star Luxury, a member of The Leading Hotels of the World
Silversands Grenada is conceived as the antidote to the faceless homogenous luxury that forms the backdrop to the merry-go-round of the frequent traveller. It is a place where luxury is not gated off from the rest of the world, it is a beautiful addition to it. A completely modern masterpiece that celebrates Grenada.
History & Story
International businessman Naguib Sawiris has seen the world, and over the years, luxury resorts began to look one in the same. A friend urged him to discover Grenada, and once here, he fell in love with the island — its spicy air, powdery-soft white-sand beaches and endless turquoise-blue waters, and most of all the kindness of its people. The freedom and happiness he felt, mixed with the wild beauty of Grenada was an experience he wanted other world-weary travelers to discover and embrace. And from that dream, Silversands Grenada was born.
The hotel opened on December 1, 2018. The architects and designers of Silversands Grenada are the Paris based firm AW², Reda Amalou & Stéphanie Ledoux.
Main Strengths, Special Touch
Completely modern accommodations with floor to ceiling windows to take in the natural vistas of Grenada. The main attraction is the 100 metre pool that expands from the hotel lobby to the sands of Grand Anse beach.
Arriving at Grand Anse Beach is a sight that never gets old. The two-mile stretch powder-white sand was recently named as Best Beach in the World by Conde Nast Traveller. As one of the world’s biggest exporter of nutmeg, wild and beautiful Grenada is known as the “Spice Island.” But you’ll also find spice in the air, in people’s attitudes, and in Grenada’s very soul. That old adage about variety could not be more fitting across this three-island nation. The lush landscapes, the vibrant colours and sweet aroma of tropical fruits everywhere you turn make falling in love with Grenada ever so easy.
Key sites/activities in the area
• Snorkelling and scuba diving, including the world’s first underwater sculpture park
• Sailing and boating at all levels
• Kayaking on see through kayaks
• Hiking through the rain forest
• Historical Tours through the island
• Spice Market, chocolate factory and rum distillery tours
• Tour of a two-hundred year-old working plantation
• The site where Silversands Grenada is built used to have a very small hotel in the 1950’s called Silversands. It was one of the sites where the 1957 movie Island in the Sun was filmed
• The pool at Silversands Grenada is twice the length of an Olympic Size pool
• The Molinere Underwater Sculpture Parkis a collection of ecological underwater contemporary art and it is the world’s first underwater sculpture park and was open for public viewing in May 2006.
Silversands Grenada is a contemporary beachfront resort envisioned as an idyllic getaway destination in the Caribbean. While we are not a family-style resort, families travelling with children are welcome. We know little ones like to wander and explore, however due to our expansive beach-front location, 100m (330 ft.) long main pool, and also as we have no lifeguards on duty within the hotel, we ask that children be supervised by adults travelling with them at all times. For safety and as a courtesy to all guests, children without adult supervision are unable to enter the public areas of the hotel.
• Number of Villas: 9
• Number of suites: 4
• Number of Luxury rooms: 39
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: 52
Restaurants & Bars
• Asiatique – Modern Asian Cousine
• Grenadian Grill – Mediterranean cuisine and authentic Grenadian dishes
• Puro – Cigar & Rum Lounge with over 150 rums from around the world
• All rates include Daily Breakfast for two.
• The Silversands Spa presents a world in which life’s pace has one setting: unhurried. With a broad menu blending traditional treatments and locally inspired rituals, the spa features four treatment rooms, including two for couples, as well as a sauna, ice cave, hammam, experiential shower, hair and nail bar, and modern fitness centre with equipment by Technogym ― all built around a beautifully serene private pool available exclusively to hotel guests.
• Main Pool at the hotel is 100 metre (330 feet) long – ideal for lounging or laps.
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Ideal for Incentive Groups
• Each restaurant can be reserved for group with a maximum capacity of 100
Extra Notable Features
• Private fitness classes available
• Scuba Diving certification and dives at all levels
• Private cooking classes available
Hotel and restaurant Awards
• Forbes Hottest New Hotels 2018
• Travel + Leisure 2019 It List
• Robb Report Most Anticipated Openings 2018
Number of employees