The Trident Hotel Jamaica
The Trident Hotel
PO Box 119, Anchovy, Port Antonio, Portland,
Date of Creation
1st July 2020
Hotel General Manager
Dwight Powell- Mr. Dwight Powell exudes passion and brillance within The Hotel and the industry on a whole. His motto ‘ There is always a way’ transcends to his team members who practice this mantra through guest satisfaction. His over 18 years of experience and exposure allows him to garner expertise from various types of luxury properties to demonstrate what true, bespoke, quality service exemplifies.
5 -Star- Luxury Brand- SLH
THE TRIDENT HOTEL
History & Story
Located in the beautiful parish of Portland, The Trident Hotel was conceived in the 1950’s by architect Earl Levy, who envisioned and brought to reality a 13 Villa property for vactioners to make their home away from home. The property attracted many well known celebrities who nestled in their private villas for a quick getaway. The Hotel was then renovated in 2012 and became The New Trident. Within its walls, hosts private villas with their own private pools, an infinity pool, private beach, Fitness Center, Spa and Beauty area, movie theatre, three restaurants, bar and lounge.
2012- Architect-Vidal Dowding
Main Strengths, Special Touch
- Bespoke Services
- Live cooking restaurant
- Movie theatre
- Private pools
Key sites/activities in the area
- Rio Grande Rafting
- Blue Lagoon
- Frenchman’s Cove
- Boston Jerk
The Trident Castle, an extension of the Hotel has been the back drop and home for many music videos and photoshoots. Celebrities such as Boys II men, Cardi B & Ozuna, Damian Marley, GQ Magazine and Vogue have all created magical artistic pieces at this location.
Number of Villas: 13
- 1 Studio Villa- Indoor 60 sq.m (600 sq.ft), Living Room, King-sized Bed, Wet Bar & Mini Bar, Walk-in Closet, Shower, 46” LED Smart TV, Broadband Wireless Internet, Outdoor 100 sq.m (1000 sq.ft), Private Terrace Outdoor Tub, Landscaped Lawns & Ocean View
- 5 Junior Villas- Indoor 74.4 sq.m (800 sq.ft), Living Room, King-sized Bed, Wet Bar & Mini Bar, Closet, Shower, 46” LED Smart TV, Broadband Wireless Internet, Outdoor 100 sq.m (1000 sq.ft), Private Terrace, Plunge Pool, Landscaped Lawns & Ocean View
- 5 Deluxe Villas- Indoor 85 sq.m (850 sq.ft), One Bedroom with King-sized Bed, Living Room, Wet Bar & Mini Bar, Walk-in Closet, Shower, 46” LED Smart TV, Broadband Wireless Internet, Outdoor 150 sq.m (1500 sq.ft), Private Terrace, Outdoor Tub, Plunge Pool, Landscaped Lawns & Ocean View
- 1 Shiprock Villa- Indoor 95 sq.m (950 sq.ft), One Bedroom with King-sized Bed, Living Room, Wet Bar & Mini Bar, Walk-in Closet, Shower, Indoor Tub, 46” LED Smart TV, Broadband Wireless Internet, Outdoor 170 sq.m (1700 sq.ft), Private Terrace, Outdoor Shower, Plunge Pool, Landscaped Lawns & Ocean View
Restaurants & Bars
3 Restaurants: The Veranda, Mike’s Supper Club, Sonya’s Kitchen
•Main Pool (Infinity Pool)
Corporate & Celebration Events
• The Trident Castle (utilized for weddings, events, video shoots and photo shoots)
• Conference room- 22 capacity.
Extra Notable Features
• Movie Theatre
• Snorkeling, Paddle boarding, Kayaking.
Hotel and restaurant Awards
2018- Trip Advisor- Certificate of Excellence Hall of Fame 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, Certificate of Excellence
2018- World Travel Awards Nominee for Caribbeans’s Leading Boutique Hotel, World Travel Awards Nominee for Caribbean Leading Luxury Hotel Villa, World Travel Awards Nominee for Jamaica ‘s Leading Boutique Hotel
2018- Expert Choice- Choice Award, featured in the New York Times, GQ, Entrepreneur and The Guardian
2017- Trip Advisor- Certificate of Excellence, Travellers Choice Award
2016- Trip Advisor- Certificate of Excellence, Travellers Choice Award, Number 1 Small Hotel in the Caribbean, Number 1 Best Caribbean Luxury Hotel.
Number of employees