Royal Palm Beachcomber Luxury Mauritius
Royal Palm Beachcomber Luxury
Royal Road, Grand Baie,
Beachcomber Hotels & Resorts
Stock exchange – Listed company
Date of Creation
1985 (Hotel) – 1952 (Group)
Hotel General Manager
5 star luxury; LHW
To grow incremental occupancy rate by 7% in the next 24 months : FIT segment.
Royal Palm Beachcomber Luxury
History & Story
Royal Palm is set on the sunniest coast of the island and combines luxury, refinement and discretion. Set on the historical site of Grand Sable, within a five-minute walk from the tourist village of Grand Baie, the hotel enjoys a privileged position. Its recent refurbishment has brought a new luster while maintaining the unique and exclusive atmosphere that constitutes its hallmark: natural charm, timeless elegance and superlative service. The resort features three restaurants with reputations that extend far beyond the shores of the island. Indeed, the names Le Bar Plage, La Brezza and La Goelette are for many synonymous of a gourmet journey during their holidays in Mauritius.
The latest renovations were in 2014. Inventory reduced from 84 to 69 fully redesigned by Duparc & Romeuf.
Date added extensions
Main Strengths, Special Touch
The size and location; the hotel of 69 suites is located along a pure white sandy beach and transparent deep sea. The Beachcomber spa by Clarins with it’s 18 cabins. The cuisine by our award winning Chef Michel de Matteis. The personalised service and true hospitality of our Artisans. The Royal Princess, a private V65-Princess Yacht. The private helipad for transfers to and from the airport as well as sight seeing tours to discover the island.
Nestled on the sheltered north-west coast, in the village of Grand Baie with probably the best beach in Mauritius. Only 60minutes from the airport by car and 15minutes by helicopter. 10 minutes from Le Mont Choisy Golf Course, an 18 hole championship course. 10minutes from a private clinic.
Key sites/activities in the area
The northern islands (Gabriel’s island, Flat Island, Gunner’s quoin).
The PamplemoussesBotanical Garden
L’Aventure du Sucre
Le Chateau de Labourdonnais
Bars and restaurants are walking distance as well as shopping malls.
There are 500 coconut trees on the property.
A kids club is available for children from 3 to 11 years old. There is a weekly program to entertain the children and a few gifts are offered to them upon arrival. The afternoon snack is offered every day at the Kids Club. It is open daily from 9am to 11pm.
Children under 3 years old can access the kids club in the presence of one of their parents or a babysitter.
• Number of suites: 69
•Number of Luxury rooms: All
• Number of rooms, (keys) in all: • 69
– 9 different categories
– All sea facing
– All with private terrace or balcony
Restaurants & Bars
• La Goelette – breakfast included in both BB and HB. Semi à la carte (hot items) and semi buffet (cold items) and dinner included in HB except some items which comes with a supplement. It is a gastronomic restaurant where the Chef Michel de Matteis takes the guests on a culinary tour each night with menu suggestions changing daily.
• La Brezza – Italian restaurant opened for dinner only, by our Chef Luca Gallo.
• Le Bar Plage – beach restaurant opened daily for lunch from 12h30 to 16h30 with an ‘à la carte menu’ serving international cuisine .
• The Royal Grill – a pop up restaurant featuring a food stage on the beach every Thursday night, weather permitting, feet in the sand.
• Beachcomber Spa by Clarins – 18 cabins, Clarins products as well as Be Beautiful products
• 3 heated swimming pools
• A fitness centre with 5 studios
Corporate & Celebration Events
• Weddings – 10 pax maximum
• No corporate events
Extra Notable Features
• Golf at 10 minutes – Mont Choisy Le Golf
• Diving centre 5 minutes away
• Nautical sports complimentary and unlimited
• Yoga classes, QI Gong, Medication, Acupuncture
Hotel and restaurant Awards
– Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence
Number of employees